Grade 2, English Olympiad (CBSE) - Capitalization
Try free sample papers for IMO, IEO and NSO
Browse study material for Olympiads
Grade 2 | English | Capitalization, Articles, Capitalisation and punctuation, Olympiad, CBSE, ICSE, SOF, ITO
- The first word of every sentence is capitalized.
- Proper nouns are capitalized.
Correct: I and Ram went to market.
Incorrect: I and ram went to market.
- First person "I" is always capitalized.
- Common nouns are not capitalized
- Relations when used as a proper noun. E.g. My Mother asked me to go to market.
- Countries and languages are capitalized. E.g. India, English, French etc.
- Days of the week and months of the year. E.g. Monday, November etc.
- Planets, monuments, man-made landmarks, holy books, news papers, organizations etc.
- States, countries, cities, mountains, seas, oceans etc are capitalized.
- Initials and titles are capitalized. E.g. Mr., Dr. etc.
Try our demo tests
Get me the extra edge for Olympiads Exams