What are Olympiad Exams
Try free sample papers for IMO, IEO and NSO
Get Olympiads Level 1 Packs at 50% discount
School Level Olympiad Exams are the competitive exams conducted by various non-profit/private organizations like SOF (Science Olympiad Foundation), Unified Council, Silverzone and Eduheal etc.
Why you must appear for Olympiads?
Olympiad exams are very important in giving an early-age exposure to the competitive world. These exams help students in developing an advanced level understanding of concepts and building self-confidence. These exams help students in enhancing their problem-solving skills and help in approaching the problems with analytical thinking and mindset. Monetary rewards and medals at various levels also add to the charm of Olympiad Exams.
How to appear in Olympiad Exams?
Most Olympiad Exams are conducted through School and Schools have to register for the exams. SOF is the biggest Olympiad Conducting Organization and it conducts very famous Olympiads like
- IMO (International Maths Olympiad)
- IEO (International English Olympiad)
- NSO (National Science Olympiad)
If your school is not directly conducting the exams then you can get yourself registered for Unified Council's NSTSE.
NSTSE is one of the renowned Olympiads in which open participation is allowed. This is an Olympiad for assessing the combined skills of Maths, Science and Reasoning.
How to prepare for Olympiads?
If you want to score high and want to secure a top international rank then you have to start early.
Keep the following points in mind while you prepare for Olympiads.
- Identifying the syllabus and understand the patter: Before jumping to the preparation of an Olympiad Exam you should go through the syllabus of the exam. Syllabus of these exams generally adheres to the school syllabus. Identify all topics which are not there in current school syllabus. Generally, Olympiad exams are conducted much before School syllabus is over so you have to start your preparation early on. Syllabus of these exams adheres to the school syllabus but the standard of questions asked is aimed at assessing the advanced level understanding of these concepts. You should go through previous years sample papers of IMO, NSO and IEO to understand the pattern of exams.
- Identifying the preparation material: As these exams are aimed at assessing advanced level understanding of concepts you should be very careful while selecting your preparation material. You should look for study material which covers entire syllabus of Olympiads. You should also attempt as many questions as you can on each topic. You have to keep in mind that you have to master each concept. You cannot leave any topic.
- Olympiad Genius provide you very focused study material for IMO, NSO and IEO. It also provides rich question bank and model tests based on the exact pattern of last year papers of IMO, NSO and IEO.
- Planning and Execution: You should plan your preparation. As Olympiad exams are conducted much before school syllabus is over you have to plan your preparation early on. Adhering and executing your plan is the key to success.
- Assessment and Improvement: You have to assess your preparedness from time to time. You also have to improve upon your mistakes. To achieve excellence in Olympiads you have to be the master of everything. You cannot leave difficult topics and dream of achieving excellence.
Olympiad Genius with its unique methodology of learn-assess-improve helps you in identifying and working on your weak areas. Subscribe to Olympiad Genius Achiever's Pack and start preparing for IMO, NSO, IEO, iOM, iOS, iOEL, UIEO, NSTSE with confidence.
Try our demo tests
Get me the extra edge for Olympiads Exams